1. PaddleFest 2016 San Diego- What,where,and when is this?
This is San Diego’s premier SUP event & festival aimed at raising awareness for Foster Youth! Event is October 16th from 9am-2pm @ Bonita Cove in Mission Bay. Enjoy SUP YOGA demo, ONIT ability board demos (SUP boards for those in a wheelchair), SUP Trash Clean Up with h20 Trash Patrol, and more!
2. Is this a fundraising event?
Yes! This event raises money for the programs US4K provides to foster youth which includes our annual “Dreaming of Aloha” trip to Hawaii (Dec 2nd -9th). Learn more at http://www.urbansurf4kids.org/events/
3. How can register or compete, or if only foster kids/orphans can register?
Everyone can register! This event features a 6 & 2 mile course and a NON COMPETITIVE Group Paddle (which includes use of board) and Free SUP Lessons for all KIDS!
4. I don’t know how to Paddle, what can I do?
The group paddle is a great fit! Also, many of the top SUP companies will be on hand to provide demos! Also, enjoy food, live music, kids zone, non profit vendors village, and more!
5.How much does it cost to register?
Sign up information is listed here- https://paddleguru.com/races/UrbanSurf4KidsPaddleFest2016
6. What age ranges are incorporated in the competitions?
There are several categories that are listed in the register link (Feel free to ask for new categories if you don’t see yours!
7. Should I be sending this information out to everyone I know, or are you targeting a specific audience?
Please invite your friends, your neighbors, your Grandma, and the likes! This is a community event that empowers and brings us together.
8. How do children get invited to participate in the SUP training?
Sign them up ahead time for the FREE SUP 4 Kids Lesson-
Click on the amount to add monthly pledge.
One Time Donation